Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Read em and weep

An Interesting Meme to be sure, and I was tagged by The loverly Boudicca, and Army of Mom. Thank you ladies, this was a great reminder of how much I have read just this past year. Also very hard to think about picking favorites etc. That is always hard, and it changes, depending on my mood. Just like movies and music. I sort of saturate myslef in a genre...and then poof.



1) A book that changed my life:

~The Bible.
For obvious reasons.

~Mind of Clear Light:Advice on Living Well and Dying Concsiously
by his holiness The Dalai Lama (Unable to locate this ....must buy a new copy.)

History of The Taylor, Dobson, Smith Family.
~This book is the only recorded family history re: my family that I am aware of. Very inspiring and amazing collection of family history.


2) A book I've read more than once:

East of Eden
by John Steinbeck
~read it at least 4 times, gave the copy to DH's army buddy Ted. Hey Ted, I want my book back.

Grapes of Wrath
by John Steinbeck
~read at least 6 times

Catcher in The Rye
by J.D. Salinger
~still have my dog eared original copy like any self respecting JD Salinger fan

Nine Stories
by J.D. Salinger
~more Salinger, original paperback still in my posession

Delta of Venus
by Anais Nin
~of course you read it more than once.

The Diary of Mattie Spencer
by Sandra Dallas
~I gave this out, after reading it at least 5 times. Every woman should read this book.

There are sooo many, and I cannot seem to recall all of them at this moment. Most of my collection is packed away. However, now I want to know what I have copies of.



3) A book I'd take to a desert island:

~6 ways in 12 ways outI need something to keep me fed, and alive. (link provided because it is damn hard to locate)


4) A book that made me laugh:

~EASY!! David Sedaris ANYTHING.
David Sedaris, is by far the most humerous writer on the planet.


5) A book that made me cry:

~Legends of The Fall, folks, if you thought the movie was sad...the book will drown you in tears. Jim Harrison is talented. (note to self, must read more Harrison)


6) A book I wish had been written:

~How to be a perfect Mom and millionare in one easy step.



7) A book that should never have been written:

~It Takes a Village



8) A book I'm currently reading:

~Once Upon a Town: The Miracle of The North Platte Canteen

*PLEASE, go get a copy of this book and read it. It will inspire you to be better, do better!!!


9) A book I'm planning to read:

Stranger Than Fiction: True Stories
by Chuck Palahniuk



10) Five people I'll send these questions on to

Blonde Sagacity, what do conservative blonde Moms read?

Basil, because he always gets to ask us questions.

Air Force Family, because we were separated at birth, and I wonder if we read the same things.

The Java Diva, after all she is working on a book.

My friend, over at When The Smoke Clears, of course you read while in the mountains, in your log cabin....

Oh, and since I was memed two times, I am going to pick a sixth person!! TunaGirl, another military wife.

No comments: